McDonalds Careers - Job Application FAQs
At McDonald's, to join as Store Department Manager, you should have
- Previous managerial experience is preferred, ideally within a restaurant, retail or hospitality environment.
- Also positive team players with flexible schedules who like to have fun, with the passion to work the famously fast paced McDonald’s environment.
- You must be 18 years or older to be a manager in our corporate owned and operated restaurants
As Store Department Manager, along with competitive pay at a McDonald's Corporate owned store is eligible for incredible benefits including:
- 15-25 days paid vacation
- 10 paid holidays, anniversary splash and 8-week sabbatical every 10 years
- Education through Archways to Opportunity including opportunities to earn a High School degree, college tuition assistance and English classes as a second language
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts
- Short- and Long-Term Disability, life and accident insurance
- Paid Leaves of Absence
- Service awards
- Employee Resource Connection
- Adoption Assistance
- Matching gifts program
Yes, McDonald's ensure all personal information you provide is protected from unauthorized use.
You will be asked to register using your email address and a password known only to you. McDonald's will also use your unique email address to contact you regarding your application, so please ensure you check that your email address is accurate before you submit your application.
It depends on the role you’re applying for. As a general rule, the entire process of recruiting Trainee Managers will take between four and eight weeks. For Crew Members, the recruitment process will take up to two weeks.
Either click on the 'Job search' page or on the ‘Job search’ button on the page of the vacancy you’re interested in. Select the role you wish to apply for, and if you’re new to our website, you’ll be prompted to register. If you’re an existing user, enter your email address and password. Once signed in, you can complete the online application form.
Working at a McDonald’s restaurant gives you an opportunity to build a successful future while offering a number of perks and the flexibility to meet your goals. Both McDonald’s and its franchisees each offer their employees a variety of development opportunities ranging from world class training programs to high school completion courses and higher education tuition assistance. Find the role that’s best for you: Crew Member, Guest Experience Lead, Shift Manager, Department Manager and General Manager. Check with your local restaurant to see what may be available to you.
At the McDonald's you will get below benefits and perks.
- Employee Safety Procedures
- Competitive Benefits
- Flexible Scheduling
- World-Class Training
- Employee Rewards
- Tuition Assistance